DJ Hollow Point
First exposed to the art of DJing after moving to The Windy City in 2006, Christopher Noland (aka DJ Hollow Point) found himself immediately enamored with the idea of spinning records. Most would be surprised to learn that the junglist actually traces his roots in electronic music to Chicago house, not drum & bass.
“A friend of mine was an old school house DJ, so I actually cut my DJ teeth on classic Chicago house records,” Hollow Point says as he reflects on his earliest memories learning the craft. “Labels like Dust Traxx and Moody Recordings, as well as artists like Paul Johnson, Barbara Tucker and Armand Van Helden were common on the 12″ records I’d use to learn the basics of DJing.”
It wasn’t long before he found his true calling: drum & bass.
“The best part about discovering drum & bass music was the fact that I had no outside influence on the matter; quite the opposite, actually. My friends begged me to stick with house music, but the rhythm and pace of drum & bass had already made its way into my subconscious.”
Just one year later DJ Hollow Point performed his first public set at the Eviction Notice rave in South Chicago Heights. He soon moved to Indianapolis to carve his place in the ranks of the great already-established DJs that ruled the city.
Since that summer, DJ Hollow Point has dedicated himself to pushing the limits of Indianapolis drum & bass, forever finding new ways to blend dubstep, drumstep, trap and moombahton into his own unique brand of deep, heavy drum & bass.
In 2008, Hollow Point began hosting a live weekly radio show called “Introspection” on internet station BoostFM.com. Since joining the G-9 Collective in 2010, Hollow Point has shared the stage with Bare, LTJ Bukem, Dieselboy, Reid Speed, Terravita, Ana Sia, Zeds Dead, Forest Green, roeVy and more.
Always striving to keep drum & bass relevant in Indianapolis, Hollow Point works hard to cultivate growth in the scene and support his fellow bass music DJs. Whether he’s educating the next generation on great music of the past or helping his stalwart fans to appreciate today’s most forward-thinking producers- count on DJ Hollow Point to deliver nothing but the best, every single time.
- Turbo Suit ft. Joel Cummins, with very special guest Exmag! 2 Nights – Friday & Saturday, November 27th & 28th
- Funksgiving 2- featuring Dell Zell, Audiodacity, Midwest Hype and Funky Junk – Saturday, November 21st
- CAE Presents: Spankalicious, Magnetic, Mt. Analogue, Nashawti & Frozen Turtle – Saturday, December 26th
- IndyMojo’s 420 Tent Party w/ Manic Focus, Late Night Radio, Twin Cats & more – Wednesday, April 20th
- SOLD OUT – 8/5 OFFICIAL UMPHREY’S AFTERSHOW!! Earphorik featuring Jake Cinninger of UM – Friday, August 5th
- CAE Presents: Kaleidoscope Jukebox, Alejo, Tangled Branches, The Flourish & Antik One – Friday, June 24th
- Magnetic, MC Sparkplug, Mt. Analogue, Johnathan Thomas & Evolutionary Enlightenment – Saturday, July 16th
- Jerry Garcia’s Birthday pt. 2 feat. Hyryder, Howard, Midnight Friars and a special ‘Old & In The Way’ tribute – Saturday, July 30th
- CAE Presents: Kaleidoscope Jukebox Vinyl Sessions w/ Kyle Long, Eric Salazar & Jin-XS – Saturday, October 1st
- Jerry Garcia’s 75th BDay pt. 4 at 4pm – 5 SETS of Hyryder wsg/ Midnight Friars – Saturday, August 5th
- Indy Local Showcase feat. Graham The Empire, Tied, MAD Pritch and Frozen Turtle – Saturday, November 25th