Eumatik is a living, trance-inducing, funk-blasting, dance mechanism that stimulates the mind by being harmonically innovative and experimental, yet easily accessible in the conventions of modern electronica. What makes their approach to music so interesting is their ability to allure the listener with catchy hooks, slowly lead them outside their accustomed musical boundaries by means of developing harmony, and finally bring them back within a single composition. This is accomplished by fusing a diverse variety of musical techniques that range from jazz theory to 18th century counterpoint. Although their music is thoroughly composed, it contains lengthy sections of improvisation that make every live show unique. Eumatik brings elements of hip hop, funk, trance, jazz, dubstep and disco into ideas that reorder the perception of its own genre-based facade by tastefully covering an incredibly large range of musical concepts. Another important aspect that contributes to their thumb-print sound is their mix of vintage keyboards with ultra-modern sound design and synthesis.
As much of their time off-stage is spent organizing and maintaining a focused outlook on each composition, Eumatik is constantly looking for fresh and innovative ways to use music technology as a tool for improvisation. When they’re on-stage, they strive to keep the crowd dancing while making sure everything is melodically and harmonically interesting at the same time. While performing, the overall form and direction is controlled by Josh Lockwood, who utilizes Abelton Live along with an Akai MPK and APC. Jazz pianist, Ashton Kleemann, is constantly playing signature parts on various keyboards along with a MIDI-keyboard that Josh runs Ableton effects through. This MIDI-keyboard directly interacts with what is being played live to create a bizarre and unique atmosphere of band member communication. Mix in the organic sounds of their live drummer, Derek Shelton, and you hear the UFO-summoning, twist-bopping, trance-inducing, disco-fever-catching sounds that are Eumatik.
- Turbo Suit ft. Joel Cummins, with very special guest Exmag! 2 Nights – Friday & Saturday, November 27th & 28th
- Funksgiving 2- featuring Dell Zell, Audiodacity, Midwest Hype and Funky Junk – Saturday, November 21st
- CAE Presents: Spankalicious, Magnetic, Mt. Analogue, Nashawti & Frozen Turtle – Saturday, December 26th
- IndyMojo’s 420 Tent Party w/ Manic Focus, Late Night Radio, Twin Cats & more – Wednesday, April 20th
- SOLD OUT – 8/5 OFFICIAL UMPHREY’S AFTERSHOW!! Earphorik featuring Jake Cinninger of UM – Friday, August 5th
- CAE Presents: Kaleidoscope Jukebox, Alejo, Tangled Branches, The Flourish & Antik One – Friday, June 24th
- Magnetic, MC Sparkplug, Mt. Analogue, Johnathan Thomas & Evolutionary Enlightenment – Saturday, July 16th
- Jerry Garcia’s Birthday pt. 2 feat. Hyryder, Howard, Midnight Friars and a special ‘Old & In The Way’ tribute – Saturday, July 30th
- CAE Presents: Kaleidoscope Jukebox Vinyl Sessions w/ Kyle Long, Eric Salazar & Jin-XS – Saturday, October 1st
- Jerry Garcia’s 75th BDay pt. 4 at 4pm – 5 SETS of Hyryder wsg/ Midnight Friars – Saturday, August 5th
- Indy Local Showcase feat. Graham The Empire, Tied, MAD Pritch and Frozen Turtle – Saturday, November 25th