Howdy y’all! Come out to the Mousetrap for the family bluegrass fest on Sunday October 13th for some pickin’ and grinnin’ family-style. All ages welcome.
Flatland Harmony Experiment
Dark Moon Hollow
Hammer and the Hatchet
The Inside Outlaws
Flatland Harmony Experiment
Flatland Harmony Experiment is a high octane three piece vocally driven string band from Indianapolis Indiana. Flatland Harmony Experiment dances with a single large diaphragm condenser microphone to share their music with audiences. FHE’s music and stage show drips with intensity and passion and it is easy to tell they love what they do. The trio trades lead vocal and lead instrumental responsibilities through a large and diverse original musical pallet. The instrumental mix of mandolin, banjo, and upright bass allows ample space for musical experimentation and expression. Song craft is very important to FHE. Stylistically you can expect Flatland Harmony Experiment’s original music to flow from tunes that echo the founding roots of bluegrass to progressive gypsy and all places in between. Conscious lyrics, a thread of harmony, and instrumental virtuosity permeates all of the original music of the Flatland Harmony Experiment. This band dares to be labeled simply as bluegrass or americana.
Since its beginnings in 2011 the Flatland Harmony Experiment has played over 1000 dates to enthusiastic audiences numbering into the thousands for people all across the country. FHE was excited to be given the very high honor of being selected as a finalist in the 2013 40th Annual Telluride Bluegrass Festival band competition. This allowed FHE to play for thousands on the main stage of the Telluride Bluegrass Festival. In 2016 FHE was also honored to support Bernie Sanders for his downtown Indianapolis rally to a crowd of 8000 enthusiastic supporters.
In six years FHE has earned a large audience with their music. Flatland Harmony Experiment has had over 1000 downloads from radio programmers around the globe supporting their three original recordings and physical sales of recordings number well into the thousands as well. 2018 looks to keep the band moving. FHE rigorously continues to play 100’s of dates across the country and with key festival performances including the John Hartford Memorial Festival, and Merlefest. FHE is also wrapping up their fourth full length studio project and expects to release and begin tour support for the project in the spring/summer.
The Flatland Harmony Experiment is:
Sean First on Upright Bass
Kris Potts on Mandolin
Johnny Plott on Banjo
What people are saying about the Flatland Harmony Experiment:
- “The Flatland Harmony Experiment just keeps getting better and better. The old fashioned way, through lots of hard work! They have good songs and a good vibe. They can sing and can play, and deserve to heard. Great musicians and great guys.” -Danny Barnes
- “Hailing from different backgrounds in the music industry, they are rock-solid players and vocalists who bring their experience and maturity together to create a uniquely organic musical landscape. Playing with the subtleties of acoustic string instruments and human voice, Flatland Harmony Experiment delivers a dynamic performance that will take the audience from sweet harmony to spaces of driving rhythm within each performance. Playing each show like their last, this is a project that must be experienced.”
- ” True artists that can entertain most any crowd. These three possess the talent both vocally and instrumentally to cause any age group to tap their feet or flat out get up and dance. Both jam band and bluegrass crowds alike will have trouble sitting still.”
EP and CD Releases
- “Eleventh Hour” 2011 (EP)(CD Baby)
- “On Our Way” 2012 (CD Baby)
- “A Night With Woody” 2013 (Live)
- “The Great Squirrel Stampede” 2014 (CD Baby)
- “Swamp’n” 2015 (Live)
- “Live from the Mousetrap” 2015 (Live)
- “Chrysalis” 2015(EP)(CD Baby)
- “Sundance” 2017(CD Baby)
- “What’s Familiar” 2017(EP)(CD Baby)
Dark Moon Hollow
The Hammer and The Hatchet
An open pint of Fireball tends to collect a few gnats after a couple weeks. It turns out Troy Chester and TJ Randolph don’t mind, however. After downing this concoction, these boys gained superpowers and became the Boozegnats.
All this due to PapaGnat aka Mycol Estrella brewing this fine liquor to be drank on a warm summer day.
PapaGnat(also a badass guitarist) is the genius behind our name, and for that we thank him.
October 13, 2019 09:00 PM
 03:00 AM
Sun, Oct 13, 2019 
Fall FamGrass Fest – Sunday, October 13th
The Mousetrap Bar & Grill 5565 N. Keystone Ave., Indianapolis, IN. 46220